Email is one of the oldest Internet applications but is still a core part of the Web experience. Email has also been the Internet’s stepchild for over 20 years, neglected and taken for granted.
But let’s look at some basic email stats:
- 6.32 billion email accounts accounts
- There are 3.7 billion email users worldwide who send and receive about 269 billion emails per day
- 2018 worldwide mobile email users are expected to total over 2.2 billion
- 80% of content marketers use email marketing
The above courtesy of Email is not dead.
So is email dead? No! Email usage is growing year on year at all the major email providers today.
A few more statistics from Email is not dead:
- Email is almost 40x better at acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter – McKinsey & Company
- 88% of marketers say email marketing is bringing them a positive ROI.
We neglect it and take it for granted, however, it plays a central role in most businesses. Some consider email to be a dinosaur between text/SMS and the vast assortment of social media means of communication, like instant messaging, Snapchat, WhatsApp messages, Facebook posts, Twitter tweets, and the list goes on and on. And there were concerns about email hacks and lack of security.
ComputeZero recommends an enterprise-class email system like Office 365 to ensure your business leverages new methods of collaboration and communication internally and with your customers taking security and ease of use into account. Email has moved on to include additional features like chat, file transfers and sharing, internal team communication, and external collaboration.
If you would like to have a chat with us about Email, Skype for Business, SharePoint or any of Microsoft collaboration tools, please reach out to us:
04 556 1570
050 402 7229